Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The American Dream and Me

The American Dream. To me, it represents a lifestyle in which everything feels right and secure. However, I completely disagree with the whole "born into it" approach. The American Dream can only be actually realized through hard work. It is something on earns, thus they are proud of it and can say "Look, thats what I was, now I'm doing this!" My family has been affected by the American Dream just as much as any other family, but if I had to pick one person out of my family who really embraced the idea I would pick my Dad.




My Dad has always told me to work my hardest, and, no matter the result, he would be proud of me. I find that this truly displays a mian concept of the American Dream. Although success may not be attained or the dream may not be reached, the best foot was put forward. There is nothing worse than not being able to live out a dream because of laziness or poor work ethic. The American Dream works against this laziness, providing a goal they can work towards. It gives them the determination to reach that goal, whatever it may be.



The American Dream has not had much of an effect on me yet. I neither know what my dream is or if I'm living the dream now. To be honest, I really haven't given the whole idea of the American Dream much thought. I've heard of it and have a general understanding of it, but I have never really thought about what it means to me or how to achieve it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment