Sunday, December 12, 2010

Movies Dawg, Movies

Movies are a unique thing that would cause the world to fall apart if they didn't exist. Everyone has seen a movie before, but it's rather hard to pick a favorite, or even a Top 5. I was trying to make my list perfect in class, but then I'd hear another great movie and scribble it in. The movies that I really like are either made really well (The Dark Knight, Forrest Gump, Back to the Future, Gladiator), have a completely new idea / something that's never been in a movie before (Inception, Shutter Island, Transformers), are just classic (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars), or are a good quality comedy (Due Date, The Hangover, Superbad, Super Troopers, Forgetting Sarah Marshall).

I despise movies that are wicked predictable or have already been made. Like Fast and the Furious. Three movies, same thing happens every time. Or like the high school musical movies? So predictable and corny and awful, just awful. Another group of terrible movies are the romantic comedies and/or family comedies. Some of them are great, don't get me wrong. But there's just so many of them. I don't understand why they keep making the same movie over and over and over and over again.

I honestly cannot pick what my favorite movie is. There's a constantly changing Top 5 or so, but number 1? That's a force.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the back to the future movies...they're just awesome. Like no questions asked.

    I get what you mean about romantic comedies...but,and maybe it's a chick thing, i could watch a million of them and never get tired of the repeated plot lines.

    But high school musical is just...glitter and loud music and cartoon characters. It really is meant for the younger kids, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally in agreement with you about romantic comedies. In my opinion, most romantic comedies are movies that you watch once and then you're done with them. There are very few that I actually don't mind watching a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete